Thursday, May 9, 2013

5 Sentence Fiction- GOGGLES

 



 Jessie pulled herself out of the warming pool, stretched her long, muscular arms high above her head, brought them down, then shook them out. The move was meant to loosen her up, but she found the familiar  motion calmed her nerves as well.

   As she made her way to the starting block, chants of  "U-S-A"  vied for  attention   among the raucous calls of the global spectators.
  Reaching down between her feet to set her start, a chorus of  "We love you, Jess!" found its way above the din.

  A hint of a smile enhanced her determined stare as the horn sounded.



7 comments:

  1. I always wanted to be an olympic swimmer.
    Every time I work out in the therapy pool, I am in my own mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the same thing every time I go swimming. LOL
      I also fancy myself an olympic diver and make quite a spectacle of myself at the pool.

      Delete
  2. Did she win? I want to know! Nice description I enjoyed this x

    ReplyDelete
  3. She blew the competition out of the water, pun intended. LOL
    Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great vision on goggles, so to speak.

    Randy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice bit of tension! Love the freedom of the water!

    ReplyDelete